Whole House Generator
Top 5 Whole House Generator – Overall Reviews & Buyers GuidePower cuts are inconvenient and stressful. If you are living in an area that is affected regularly by power cuts than a whole house generator is the solution for you. A whole house generator can be a great source of power for both residential and industrial use. However, you can find many whole house generators on the market, so to help you to choose the right one for you we are here to help to choose the best whole house generator for your specific needs. There are lots of generators in the market which could be overwhelming . After some extensive research and going through various sites and customer reviews, we’ve come up with the list of best whole house generators available on the market. These generators listed below are suitable for both housing and commercial purpose.
How To Pick Up The Best Whole House Generator?Today, it isn’t easy to choose the best and perfect generator for your house as there are many available options. So, if you are looking for the guidelines to pick up the right and suitable one, you are in the right place. Here are useful tips that will help you plan to buy a reliable whole house generator.
1.Choose A Generator With Two Fuel SourcesThis is the first and most important factor that you need to consider when looking for the best whole house generator. Generally, this kind of generator is associated with two different fuel types: liquid propane and natural gas. When the generator has two fuel types, there is no need to frequently refuel as it has a natural gas supply. So, it is important to pay attention to the type of fuel the generator is using and to confirm whether it has both types. Most generators are only associated with one type of fuel source.
2.Pick The Right Size Of Fuel TankAlong with type, it is necessary to pay attention to fuel tanks for both natural gas and liquid propane. The generator standby, for the long run, depends on the amount of fuel. When it has a larger size fuel tank it will not be necessary to refill the fuel frequently. So, it is advisable to consider the size of the tank for both LP and natural gas.
3. Pay Attention To The Size Of The GeneratorThe third factor is the size of the whole house generator. The right size increases the success rate of installation, and so you will need to buy the generator with the right size. Generators are available in different types in the market. Apart from the installation process, you need to pick the one based on your electrical appliances or devices. A larger size is not required if you only want to connect a few appliances. It is important to verify this before purchasing them. A high rated generator will provide great performance even if the load increases in the future.
4.Consider The Transfer SwitchThe transfer switch is another significant factor, so don’t forget to check the transfer switch type. When it has an automated transfer switch it will turn on automatically at the moment of power failure. It disconnects the electricity line and simultaneously starts the engine and energises all electrical appliances. Buying the right transfer switch is crucial to restoring the lost power at the right time. You will find a lot of transfer switch on the market such as RTX, Ats200, NEMA 3 indoor/outdoor, customizable, and so on. So, purchase the whole house generator after selecting the right transfer switch.
5.LED Display & Control PanelThe best whole generator is associated with these two features attached to the online monitoring system. It helps to monitor generator’ processes like fuel and battery percentage, maintenance date, etc. You can monitor this on your mobile phone or tablets, so you are advised to buy the one with its features.
6.Warranty Of The GeneratorWarranty is another important factor that you need to pay attention to when buying a whole house generator. Today, it is possible to buy all types of generators on eCommerce sites, and physical stores. All the generators companies in the market are ready to offer the generators with a warranty, but there is a difference in numbers of year waranty provided. If you want to enjoy the benefit for a longer run, it is important to choose the brand or company that gives you a warranty for a longer period.
7. Feedback And ReviewsRatings and reviews is also one of the important things that you need to check before purchasing a whole house generator. You can find the product’s feedback online, so don’t forget to read the customer’s feedback. By reading them, you will be provided with another view to verify is this is best and suitable generator that needs for your home.
8.Consider The CostThe final consideration would be the generator’s cost, as as this may vary significantly depending on the generator depending on the size, fuel type, quality, and so on. Sometimes you will find the same type of generators at different cost from different companies, so it is important to compare price. By comparing each one, it will make it easier for you to find the right one for you. [amazon box="B01M62F6ES,B0046AS0JS,B01M24JTU2" grid="3"]
1.Generac 7043 Guardian SeriesGenerac whole house generator is one of the best generators amongst all others. It is durable, reliable, powerful, and it comes with an impressive 22,000 watts. This power is enough for all the appliances in your home. It is also attached to the LCD, which indicates the fuel level and easy for you to maintain the battery. Featured with a G- Force engine and RhinoCoat powder-coated finish. Combined with the automatic self-test, this will activate the generator immediately after the power cuts out.
- 22,000 starting wattage and 19,500 running wattage
- Type of the fuel is Liquid Propane (LP) and Natural Gas (NG)
- NEMA 3 indoor or outdoor rated transfer switch
- 240 Volts rated
- 67 dB noise level
- Aluminum enclosure with three removable sides
- <5% harmonic distortion
- Reliable, user-friendly
- Loaded with two different types of fuel
- It can be linked with mobile to monitor it
- Low THD
- easily accessible design
- Comes with LUC control panel
- Self- test mode
- 5- year warranty with 100% guarantee
- Does not include a battery
- Warranty is not applicable for spare parts
Generac 7043 Home Standby Generator 22kW/19.5kW Air Cooled with Whole House 200 Amp Transfer Switch, Aluminum Patio, Lawn & Garden
- True power technology delivers best-in class power quality (less than 5% thd) for Smooth operation of sensitive electronics and appliances
- Includes a 200 amp NEMA 3 (indoor/ outdoor rated) whole house Smart transfer switch
- Generac evolution controller features LED indicators for generator status, utility power presence or maintenance required
- Tough, durable all-weather aluminum enclosure offers 3 removable sides for easy access for installation, service and mainten... Read More
2. Generac 7033 Guardian Series 11kW/10kWGenerac 7033 is essentially similar to the 7043 model, but capacity varies between them. When it comes to 7033, it is perfectly suitable for smaller houses. Here you will also find some amazing watts like 7043. Though this capacity size is smaller, you can enjoy plenty of attractive features at an affordable price. If you need a power backup only for fewer electrical appliances, you can go with 7033 whole house generators.
- Comes with fuel types liquid propane (LP) and Natural gas (NG)
- You can enjoy 11000/ 10000 watts.
- The transfer switch is NEMA 3 indoor/ outdoor rated.
- Produce 64 dB noise level
- The allowed voltage is 120V.
- You can monitor the status on your mobile phone.
- Quite good for longer runs
- Long-lasting effect
- Amazing design and attractive features
- Reliable and portable
- Best for fewer devices
- Lower THD
- Suitable for both residential and commercial
- Low maintenance cost
- Only can connect with fewer appliances.
- Battery not provided needs to be bought separately
3.Champion Power Equipment 100294 14KWChampion 100294 is highly recommended for people who look for the whole house generator with low fuel consumption. It is a midsized capacity that can use it for both small and medium-size homes. It is very resistant to ranges of temperature between -22° F – 104° F. It is suitable for the areas with extreme temperatures. Like other generators, it is also attached to two different fuel types. Natural gas supplies helps to reduce the amount of refuelling.
- 14,000 Watts for liquid propane and 12,500 Watts for natural gas
- The transfer switch is Ats200
- The rated voltage is 120/240 volts
- The noise level is 63.5dB
- Loaded with self-diagnostic tests
- 10-year limited warranty
- Low-level fuel consumption
- Low THD
- Suitable for extreme temperatures
- Reliable, durable, and affordable
- Quite good for longer lasting effect
- Easy to monitor with LCD
- Automatic starting issue will occur sometimes
- Frequent maintenance is required for an amazing performance
Champion Power Equipment 100294 Home Standby Generator Patio, Lawn & Garden
- Whole house 24/7 power - the Ats200 whole house transfer switch with demand control Provides seamless, managed power to your entire home during an outage
- Quietest-in-class - thanks to advanced sound dampening and a specially designed low-tone muffler, This generator operates at a residential-friendly 63 dba noise level
- Reliable - 24-volt starting system operates in sub-zero or extreme heat (between -22 Degree F and 104 Degree F) with no warming kit necessary, plus the genera... Read More
4.Kohler 20RESCL w. Commercial Grade EngineKohler 20RESCL is reliable and trustworthy as it has been on the market for several years. It is highly recommended for commercial purposes like airports, hospitals, and so on. The commercial-grade engine makes this model more popular among many industries. It is specifically designed for a longer run, and so you can run this for a whole day without stopping it.
- Automated with 20,000 Watts for liquid propane and 18,000 Watts for natural gas
- The transfer switch is RTX
- Produces 69 dB noise level when it’s running
- Rated voltage is 120/240 Volts
- Designed with 100 amp 16 circuits automatic transfer switch
- 100% corrosion-proof enclosure
- It is safe for all devices, even sensitive devices
- Withstand any extreme temperatures
- Easily monitorable features
- Quite good for commercial use and larger homes
- 5- year limited warranty
- Runs for a longer time
- PowerBoost technology
- Highly expensive than others
- Vital to do frequent maintenance for better performance
Kohler 20RESCL-100LC16 Air-Cooled Standby Generator with 100 Amp Transfer Switch Single Phase, 20,000-Watt Everything Else
- 20,000-watt air-cooled generator automatically starts up when the power goes out
- Includes 100 amp 16-circuit automatic transfer switch
- Fast response--power to your home in 10 seconds; premium power quality; quiet operation
- 100% corrosion-proof enclosure offers protection from even the harshest seaside conditions
- Measures 48 by 26.2 by 29 inches; 5-year/2000-hour limited warranty, Battery type needed - Group 51
- Warranty Coverage- Five (5) years f... Read More
5.Briggs & Stratton 40396Briggs & Stratton 40396 is one of the most popular models in the market. It is a high capacity generator and comes with different types of transfer switch. It makes the model more powerful and flexible than the other types of generators. Apart from this, you will find impressive watts in this model.
- 20,000 Watts for liquid propane gas and 18,000 Watts for natural gas
- Customizable transfer switch
- 120/240 volts
- 5-year limited warranty
- Comes with 200 amp transfer switch
- Very quiet
- Highly favorable engine and amazing design
- Easy to monitor
- Quite good for small houses
- Longer run with a great performance
- Affordable cost
- Easy maintainable
- Noiseless generator
- Professional requires for installing and setup
- Regular replacement might be required for engine starter
Briggs & Stratton 40336 20kW Standby Generator, Gray Everything Else
- This 20kW with Symphony II Power Management can manage your home, up to 12,000 square feet with a 5-ton air conditioner saving you thousands less than a previously required larger, liquid cooled unit
- Closer placement options as close as 18 in. from your home per the National Fire Protection Agency 37 standard
- Closer placement options as close as 18 in. from your home per the National Fire Protection Agency 37 standard
- Comprehensive 5-year parts, labor, and travel l... Read More