Review on Generac generators
Generac is the leading manufacturer of affordable backup generators. The company was established in 1959. Generac has introduced a broad range of generators for commercial and industrial use. Around 40 varieties of residential generators from Generac can run either on natural gas or propane. These models can directly deliver the backup power to the electrical panel without any extension cord. A single generator can produce power up to 2 megawatts, which can automatically turn on during a blackout day. Since these generators are parallel compatible, they can provide additional power to industries if needed. The Generac generator has a remote monitoring facility that helps you monitor the generator’s status via your smart devices like mobile phones, laptops, etc.
Reasons to choose Generac generators.
The Generac generators gained positive feedback from customers within a short period. The running hours depend on the fuel tank size. Large fuel capacity generators can supply power for many hours. Some of the great features of Generac generators.
1. The Generac generators have a custom OHVI( Over Head Valve Industrial ) engine, which increases the generator’s durability. So if you are looking for a long-lasting generator, the Generac generators will not disappoint you. Besides, these generators cThe Generac generators gained positive feedback from customers within a short period. The running hours depend on the fuel tank size. Large fuel capacity generators can supply power for many hours. Some of the great features of Generac generators.
2. an produce power up to 2 MW. The engine’s pressurized lubrication increases the generator’s life.
3. These Generac generators are enclosed either with steel or aluminum. You can pick your color from a broad range of options. You can choose the generator according to your power requirements for running virtual devices at home or office.
4. Generac generators are designed to make less noise. The G-Flex technology employed in this generator is the biggest plus. This technology can make the engine self-adjust according to the amount of power required. This helps to save fuel to a great extent.
5.The Generac generators have a large variety of fuel options. The dual-fuel technology helps you to use both natural gas and propane, thereby lowering the carbon emissions.
6. The cost of a Generac generator is around $1500 approximately for indoor use. Depending on the features, the price may vary.
7. Durability depends on maintenance. It is recommended to stop the generator operation every 24 hours to check the fuel and oil level and remove the debris deposited inside the unit. Check to avoid water intrusion. Every 24 months, replace the engine oil.
Generac Generator vs. Kohler Generator
Engine: The manufacturers of Generac and Kohler generators have their own designed engines that run in any environment. Generac generators are dual-fuel generators, whereas the Kohler generator requires a conversion kit if any fuels other than gasoline are used. When a tri-fuel conversion kit is used, the Kohler generator can run on all three fuels ( gasoline, propane, or natural gas).
Impacts on the environment: Many fuel options help you use clean fuel for running both Generac and Kohler generators. The additional features like G-Flex technology in Generac generators will adjust the running hours according to the power demands, thus lowering carbon emissions. Kohler generators do not support this type of technology.
Noise Level: Both generators are quiet in operation. But Generac generators provide decibel ratings by undergoing a silent test mode weekly. The quick test mode is a test cycle that allows the generator to run at two-third of its average RPM, thereby maintaining a low noise level throughout the test. This function is absent in Kohler generators.
Enclosure Design: The Generac and Kohler generators provide their best exterior design to ensure safety. Kohler manufacturers provide generators coated with aluminum or steel, whereas the Generac generators have steel coated enclosures.
Types of Generac generators
Generally, Generac generators are classified into Portable Generators and Inverter Generators. Let’s discuss the top 3 generators in each category.
There are several types of portable generators for emergency backup. Generac has designed the best models with different features suitable for tailgating. Let’s have a look at the three best models of portable generators.
1.GP 5500 Generac generator
This generator can produce an output power of 5500 watts. An engine with 383cc OHV can deliver consistent power and increase durability. The fuel capacity is 7.2 gallons and can run the generator continuously for 10 hours at a rated 50% of the applied load. This generator weighs around 180 pounds. The additional features like automatic Low-oil shutdown, hour meter, and circuit breakers are provided for safety. The engine will seize when low oil is detected. The running hours of the generator can be monitored using an hour meter. The wheels and handles are provided for increased portability.
- Worth to buy
2.Generac GP6500 generator
A CO-SENSE technology is featured in this generator. This technology will limit the carbon monoxide production due to improper functioning of the generator. Thus the generator will not cause any false shutdowns and alerts. Generac GP6500 generator has a starting and running power of 8125 watts and 6500 watts, respectively. The OHV engine can increase durability with splash lubrication. This generator weighs around 172 pounds. Power rush technology employed in this generator will deliver 40% of extra starting power.
- CO SENSE technology
- Powerrush technology
3.Generac GP15000E generator
This generator uses an electric starter with a plug-in battery. A 16- gallon fuel tank can run continuously for 10 hours at applied half load. A high-performance engine 992cc OHVI engine, along with an automotive oil filter, makes the generator long-lasting. The automatic low oil shutdown will detect the low oil level and seize the engine. This generator weighs around 373 pounds. The gas-powered generator has a Running power of 15000 watts.
- Easy to run
- High performance engine
- Not fuel-efficient
These inverter generators are an excellent choice for outdoor activities like camping or fishing since they are very compact and quiet. These are the three best Generac inverter generators.
1. Generac GP2200I Inverter generator
This generator is fuel efficient because the economy mode will conserve energy. The LED display alerts the level of oil and power output. To gain extra power, two inverters can connect in parallel. This generator is easy to transport with the help of built-in handles. The technology employed in this type of generator is real power, providing clean energy to charge sensitive electronics. The generator can run for 10.75 hours at a rated load with a 1.2-gallon fuel tank.
- True power technology
- Economy mode
- Parallel compatible
- In rare cases, electrical overheating can occur.
Generac 7117 Gp2200I W 50St Inverter, Orange Everything Else
- Quiet, Compact, Easy to use. AC rated output running Watts: 1700, AC maximum output starting Watts: 2200. Rated 120 VAC Amperage-14.1
- Truepower technology provides clean, stable power ideal for sensitive electronics, tools and appliances while the 1.2 gallon fuel tank allows 10.75 hours of run time at 25% load
- Built-in handle makes it easy to transport and the integrated OFF/RUN/CHOKE knob simplifies startup procedures
- Economy mode provides excellent fuel economy a... Read More
2. Generac iQ3500 Generator
These generators are generally quiet due to Inverter technology. This technology helps in controlling the motor, thereby increasing fuel efficiency. This generator type is highly recommended for construction sites since it is highly portable and delivers more power (around 16% extra) due to Powerrush technology. A smart LCD displays the generator status like fuel level and hours of operation. The clean power generated can be used to charge sensitive appliances like computers, laptops, etc. A power dial is used for setting generator operation(start/run/stop).
- Inverter technology
- Smart LCD
- No fuel gauge
- Vibrations are heavy
3.Generac iQ2000 Generator
The rated running and starting power of this generator are 1600 watts and 2000 watts, respectively. A PowerBar monitors the wattage used. The fuel gauge will display the fuel quantity. The fuel capacity is about 1.06 gallons, which can run the generator for about 7.7 hours. Three modes of operation, such as economy, standard, and Turbo, will conserve fuel for future use. These generators are parallel compatible. A storage cover is used to protect the generator from lousy weather conditions.
- Very compact
- Noise level is low
- Low starting power of 1600 watts
On reviewing Generac generators, you get to know that these generators are highly committed to the environment. Most Generac generators are equipped with at least one technology. Depending upon the features, the warranty might vary for each generator model. In general, if Generac generators are maintained well, then it will last a long time. A self-maintenance kit is available for all Generac models. The additional features like automatic low oil shutdown, hours meter, the closed-circuit breaker are provided for high safety. All the Generac generator models are of high quality.