Best RV generators
Whether you are traveling with your family for a vacation or summer holiday on your RC (Recreational Vehicle), it is essential to back up your RV with a competent generator for your travel. Some people even live in these RVs and just travel throughout their life. Generators are an essential part of their journey for anyone who owns an Rv and whether they travel occasionally or daily. Even if someone wants to try something like Breaking Bad (please don't) with an RV, a generator becomes an essential component.
An RV generator should supply high power to charge up all the electronic appliances in your RV. So buying a good generator is important, so you don't have to worry about power during your travel. So you need not only a portable generator but also a powerful generator to charge up your devices. We know that it might be challenging to choose the best out of many available in the market. So we have narrowed it down to some of the best Rv generators after a lot of research and user reviews.
Best RV generators:
- Yamaha EF2000iSv2
- Generac 6866 iQ2000
- Honda EU2200i 2200-Watt Portable Inverter Generator
- WEN 56200i 2000-watt Portable Inverter Generator
- Champion 3100-watt Portable Inverter Generator
- DuroStar DS4000S Gas-powered Portable Generator
- Westinghouse WGen3600 Dual fuel generator
Yamaha is a well-known brand for its motor-sports, but it also plays a significant role in power equipment and adheres with the same standard quality for over 60 years. Today, Yamaha has many different models in our list of best rated quiet portable generators, and each model is designed with impressive and innovative features.
In this list, Yamaha EF2000iSv2 is one of the best models with inverter technology. It is powered by Pulse Width Modulation to deliver consistent and clean electrical current to the devices. The Yamaha EF2000iSV2 is lightweight at 45 pounds, durable, and fuel-efficient.
It has CARB-compliant, which is useful to operate in all 50 states. The fuel capacity is 1.1 gal and produces 51.5 to 1 dB noise level. Its starting wattage is 2000, and running wattage is 1600. So, Yamaha EF2000iSv2 would be an excellent generator for your home.
YAMAHA EF2000iSv2, 1600 Running Watts/2000 Starting Watts, Gas Powered Portable Inverter,Blue Automotive
- 1600 watt rated AC output, 2000 watt maximum AC output, 13.3/16.7 amps @ 120V
- Super-quiet muffler with USFS-approved spark arrestor - 51.5 dBA at 1/4 load
- Smart Throttle varies engine speed based on load - improves fuel economy and reduces noise
- Inverter system with Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) control
- CARB Compliant ... Read More
- Smart technology is being used
- Limited warranty
2.Generac 6866 iQ2000
The rated running and starting power of this generator are 1600 watts and 2000 watts, respectively. A PowerBar monitors the wattage used. The fuel gauge will display the fuel quantity. The fuel capacity is about 1.06 gallons, which can run the generator for about 7.7 hours. Three modes of operation, such as economy, standard, and Turbo, will conserve fuel for future use. These generators are parallel compatible. A storage cover is used to protect the generator from terrible weather conditions.
Generac 6866 iQ2000 Super Quiet 1600 Running Watts/2000 Starting Watts Gas Powered Inverter Generator - CARB Compliant Patio, Lawn & Garden
- AC Rated Output(Running/Starting): 1600/2000 Watts; AC Rated Voltage: 120V
- PowerDial integrates start/run/stop functions into 1 easy-to-use dial
- PowerBar monitors and displays wattage used; Electronic Fuel Gauge displays remaining fuel; Runtime Display show how much time is left before refueling
- Fuel Capacity: 1.06 Gallons; Runtime (50% - 25% Load): 5.7 - 7.7 hrs; Full Load Fuel Consumption (gallons/hour): 2.85; Displacement: 80 cc; Oil Type: SAE 10W-30
- E... Read More
- Very compact
- Noise level is low
- Low starting power of 1600 watts
3.Honda EU2200i 2200-Watt Portable Inverter Generator
Honda has been available in the market for over a hundred a year, and it is famous worldwide. It has manufactured several products, and one of them is a generator. Honda has a lot of best-rated inverter generators, and EU2200I is one of the impressive models. This unit will change the way you think about generators.
It comes with a fabulous industrial design that is attractive. It is the quietest model as it runs quietly at 53 to 57 dB, which is less noise than a normal conversation. This generator is just 46 pounds and is very light compared to the other best rated portable electric generators in our extensive review.
It runs around 8 hours at 25% load and 3.2 hours at rated load. The automatic speed adjustment is powered to adjust the generator speed automatically when it's required. It is very smooth, portable, and easy to start-up. These features make us conclude this as a premium generator, and it is an excellent choice if you look for the best-rated generators under $1500.
Honda 662220 EU2200i 2200 Watt Portable Inverter Generator Patio, Lawn & Garden
- This popular model can operate a wide variety of appliances, making it perfect for portable use at home, camping, on the job site, or much more. Reliable Power is now at your fingertips with Honda's Inverted Generators.
- So quiet, your neighbors will thank you. The EU2200i operates at 48 to 57 dBA, which is less noise than a normal conversation. This makes it ideal for camping, supplemental RV power and any other activity that requires quiet operation.
- Add a second EU2200i fo... Read More
- Fuel efficient
- Incredibly quiet
- It comes with a recoil starter only
- No charging cables
4.WEN 56200i 2000-watt Portable Inverter Generator
This is another popular model generator from WEN, which is extremely quiet as it only produces 51 dB noise. It generates 1600 running watts and 2000 starting watts. It is powered by a 79.7cc 4-stroke OHV engine, lightweight, designed at 48 pounds.
The sleek design makes for easy portability, while a 1-gallon fuel tank allows it to run for 6 hours at 50% load. This is perfectly suitable for hunting, camping, tailgating, etc. Also, this THC (Total HydroCarbons) is very low, 0.3% at no load and 1.2% at full load, making the generator safely run on all sensitive devices like laptops, mobile phones, tablets, etc.
One of the best-rated power generators' most significant advantages is its Eco mode throttle, which allows the generator's motor to automatically adjust its fuel consumption by plugging and unplugging the panel automatically. WEN will provide a two years warranty for this model.
WEN 56200i 2000-Watt Gas Powered Portable Inverter Generator, CARB Compliant Patio, Lawn & Garden
- Dimensions: 18" x 11" x 18" | Weight: 48 lbs
- Noise Level: 53 dB operation
- EPA III and CARB Compliant 79.7 cc 4-stroke OHV engine produces 2000 surge watts and 1600 rated watts
- Great for campgrounds, construction sites, tailgates and power outages
- Produces clean power to safely operate and prevent damage to sensitive electronics such as phones, tablets, televisions and computers
- Includes two three-prong 120V receptacles, one 12V DC... Read More
- Fuel efficient
- Less harmonic distortion
- Low fuel tank capacity
5.Champion 3100-watt Portable Inverter Generator
It is one of the most popular inverters worldwide, preferred by many people. This is because it comes with unique features, and it is an attractive model. There is no need to spend a massive amount of money on buying this inverter.
CHAMPION POWER EQUIPMENT 3100-Watt RV Ready Portable Inverter Generator Patio, Lawn & Garden
- Quick Touch Panel – Access all your controls in one spot, plus Champion’s safe design includes a low oil shut-off sensor and holds 0.6-quarts of oil (recommended 10W-30)
- Ultra-Quiet Operation – 58 dBA is perfect for RVs, tailgating, your next project or backup power for your home, featuring 3100 starting watts and 2800 running watts with up to 8 hours run time
- Clean Power for Sensitive Electronics – RV Ready with a 120V 30A RV, plus two 120V 20A house... Read More
- Designed with 3100- Watt RV
- 120 volts and 60Hz frequency
- Engine size is 171cc
- Powered by 10W-30 gasoline
- Automatic voltage regulation
- Capable of low oil shut off
- Engine with four strokes and recoil start
- With quarter load runs for approximately 8 hrs
- 100% guarantee and 3-year warranty of the product
- Fantastic design and attractive color
- Easy to carry anywhere
- eco friendly
- user friendly
- Low energy usage
- No remote or electrical option for start-up
- Oil capacity is a smaller size
6.DuroStar DS4000S Gas-powered Portable Generator
DuroStar is the best rated mid-size generator in portable generators. It is powerful, economical, and overall its performance is quite good. This generator delivers 4000 watts for starting and 3300 for running. It is powered by a 208cc (7 hp) air-cooled OHV 4-stroke engine with low oil shut off. These two packs prevent the generator from being damaged by reducing heat and automatically shutting off the engine when it detects a low level of fuel.
It is easy to start the generator with its EZ-pull start mechanism. It runs on gasoline, and 4.0 Gal is its fuel tank capacity. When it comes to the noise level, it produces 68 dB. It is one of the best-rated generators for home.
Durostar DS4000S Portable Generator, Yellow/Black Everything Else
- Plenty of Power – With 4,000 peak watts and 3,300 running watts, this unit can handle heavy loads, from lights and a refrigerator to a home air conditioner and high amperage power tools
- Powerful Engine – The DuroStar 208cc OHV engine is a workhorse that provides plenty of power to handle multiple jobs, from powering high voltage appliances to heavy duty power tools
- Low Oil Shutoff – Protects your investment by automatically shutting the generator off when i... Read More
- Powerful and economic
- Available at an affordable price
- Quite good performance
- Only runs on gasoline.
7.Westinghouse WGen3600 Dual fuel generator
The Westinghouse WGen3600DF generates 4650 peak watts and 3600 rated watts on gasoline, and 4180 peak watts and 3240 running watts on propane. A 212cc 4-stroke engine powers it. It has a 4-gallon fuel capacity tank that helps to enjoy power output for a longer time. So, it runs 18 hours on gasoline and 20 hours on propane at 25% load. It comes with 4 power outlets, a remote starter, and a push-button. It has a low oil shutoff automatically, which automatically turns off the engine when it detects low oil in the generator. You can get a 3-year warranty for this model.
Westinghouse Outdoor Power Equipment WGen3600DF Dual Fuel (Gas and Propane) Electric Start Portable Generator 3600 Rated 4650 Peak Watts, RV Ready, CARB Compliant Everything Else
- 3600 Rated Watts & 4650 Peak Watts (Gasoline); 3240 Rated Watts & 4650 Peak Watts (Propane); 4 Gallon Fuel Tank (with Fuel Gauge); Electric Push Button and Remote Start
- Intuitive Control Panel Features a 5-20R 120V Duplex Outlet, an RV-Ready TT-30R 30 Amp Outlet, and an L5-30R 30 Amp Outlet
- 212cc Westinghouse 4-Stroke OHV Engine; Long Lasting Cast Iron Engine Sleeve; Automatic Low Oil Shutdown
- Plug-and-Play! Comes With a Propane Regulator Hose, Handle, Heat... Read More
- It is heavier but portable
- Dual fuel
- RV ready
- Electric push-button and remote start
- EPA and CARB compliant
- Starts easily
One of the things to look for while buying a generator for your Rv is how much power you need to change things up. Are you buying a generator to run full-on air conditioning and a stereo system or just a coffee maker and microwave? Then an important box to check is the noise level of the generators. You will be traveling with your generator to many public places so make sure it doesn't disturb the environment. Sometimes these portable generators can recharge your RV batteries too.