Best propane generatorsA propane generator can transform the motorized energy into electrical energy with the combustion of propane. A propane generator can be a reliable source of power during power cuts, storms or when you are off the grid in power devoid place. The propane generators can also be your portable energy source so that you can carry them while travelling to some far off places. Even though these propane generators are less efficient than gas generators, they are a clean-burning energy source. They are efficient and provide you with adequate power during needs. Some of the features to look for in a propane generator are low oil shut down, good engine and automatic idle when you do not use your generator. These generators have proven their worth among its customers and have been on the list of people’s favourites. Choosing the right one for you can be a demanding task. So we have brought you the list of some of the best propane generators available on the market. The plan is in no specific order, and all the generators mentioned here are best for personal use.
Best propane generators:
- DuroMax XP12000EH Dual Fuel Propane Inverter Generator
- Westinghouse WGen3600DF generator
- Westinghouse WGEN9500DF Propane Generator
- DuroMax XP8500E Portable generator
- Westinghouse-WGen7500DF Dual Fuel Portable Generator
- Westinghouse iGen4500DF Dual Fuel Inverter Generator
1. DuroMax XP12000EH Dual Fuel Propane Inverter GeneratorThe Duromax XP12000EH is an excellent generator suitable for emergencies. This is a dual-fuel generator with a running power of 9500 watts and a surge power of 12000 watts. The 3.96-gallon fuel capacity has a runtime of 9 hours at a rated 50% load. The engine of this generator is 457cc, which delivers high power to charge multiple appliances. The RPM (Rotations per minute) can be lowered by the idle control, which helps in less fuel consumption and reduced noise level. The automatic low oil shutoff system detects the low oil level and seizes the engine. The power panel consists of 5 outlets, a voltmeter, and multiple ports for charging batteries. The generator accessories include an oil funnel, Spark Plug Wrench, DC charging cables, and a toolset. A user manual helps you to get familiar with the generator. This manual gives a brief description of the working operation of the generator. It also includes basic troubleshooting techniques and a few maintenance tips. If a trickle charger (low-amp chargers) is not used, you have to start the generator once every three months. Unfortunately, natural gas cannot be used as fuel. Moreover, it can damage your generator. A recharge indicator light shows the charge of the battery. If the battery is dead, you can charge it by running the generator or using a trickle charger. You will have to fit the wheels and handles of the generator yourself. You can extend the runtime if you use synthetic oil.
- Dual-fuel technology.
- Delivers high power
- It is louder than other generators.
2. Westinghouse WGen3600DF generatorThe Westinghouse WGen3600DF generates 4650 peak watts and 3600 rated watts on gasoline, and 4180 peak watts and 3240 running watts on propane. A 212cc 4-stroke engine powers it. It has a 4-gallon fuel capacity tank that helps to enjoy power output for a longer time. So, it runs 18 hours on gasoline and 20 hours on propane at 25% load. It comes with four power outlets, a remote starter, and a push-button. It has a low oil shutoff automatically, automatically turning off the engine when it detects low oil in the generator. You can get a 3-year warranty for this model.
Westinghouse Outdoor Power Equipment WGen3600DF Dual Fuel Electric Start Portable Generator & Camco 40043 TastePure RV/Marine Water Filter with Flexible Hose Protector Patio, Lawn & Garden
- Product 1: 3600 Rated Watts & 4650 Peak Watts (Gasoline); 3240 Rated Watts & 4650 Peak Watts (Propane); 4 Gallon Fuel Tank (with Fuel Gauge); Electric Push Button and Remote Start
- Product 1: Intuitive Control Panel Features a 5-20R 120V Duplex Outlet, an RV-Ready TT-30R 30 Amp Outlet, and an L5-30R 30 Amp Outlet
- Product 1: 212cc Westinghouse 4-Stroke OHV Engine; Long Lasting Cast Iron Engine Sleeve; Automatic Low Oil Shutdown
- Product 1: Plug-and-Play! Comes... Read More
- It is heavier but portable
- Dual fuel
- RV ready
- Electric push-button and remote start
- EPA and CARB compliant
- Starts easily
3. Westinghouse WGEN9500DF Propane GeneratorWestinghouse WGen9500 is one of the most powerful portable generators. It generates 12500 starting wattage and 9500 running wattage. This transfer switch and RV are ready, making the generator a higher power output model than others. It has two 5 USB ports with its standard outlets. So, you can enjoy power during a power outage without any problem. Other great features include a remote starter, digital hour meter, CARB, and EPF complaints. It is heavier, but the wheels and folded hands will help for easy transportation. The Westinghouse WGen9500 Portable Generator runs on gasoline for around 17.5 hrs at a 25% load. It has enough 6.6 gallons of fuel capacity but produces enormous noise when it runs with overload.
Westinghouse Outdoor Power Equipment WGen9500DF Dual Fuel Portable Generator-9500 Rated 12500 Peak Watts Gas or Propane Powered-Electric Start-Transfer Switch & RV Ready, CARB Compliant, Blue Everything Else
- 9500 Running Watts and 12500 Peak Watts (Gasoline); 8500 Running Watts, 11200 Peak Watts (Propane); Remote Start With Included Key Fob, Electric and Recoil Start; Up to 12 Hours of Run Time on a 6. 6 Gallon Fuel Tank With Fuel Gauge
- Features Two GFCI 120V 5–20R Standard Household Receptacle, One Transfer Switch Ready 120V L14-30R, and One RV Ready 120/240V 14–50R; All Outlets Have Rubber Covers for Added Safety
- Powered by a Heavy Duty 457cc Westinghouse 4-Stroke ... Read More
- Push-button, remote starter
- It is designed with LED digital hour meter
- Impressive power output
- Relatively affordable
- Easy to use
- Heavy but portable
4. DuroMax XP8500E Portable generatorThe air-cooled engine of a Duromax XP8500E generator is 420cc and gives high performance. Under varying load, the RPM of the engine is adjusted by the Auto Throttle mechanism. This idle control can increase fuel efficiency and decrease the noise level. There are five power outlets with four 120V GFCI outlets and one 240V twist lock. When gasoline is used, the runtime is 11.5 hours for the applied 50% load. The volume level of the generator is about 72 sound decibels. This 7.9-gallon fuel tank provides a running power of 7000 watts. This XP8500E model consists of 10-12% of THD at applied load. Your wheels and handles will have to be installed once the generator is out of the box. You have to turn off the circuit breaker to avoid any accidental load. The removable air cleaner can purify the air going inside the engine. It has a fuel gauge. For maintenance purposes, a double-sided screwdriver, a spanner, a spark plug wrench are also provided. You should add the oil and gasoline only if the generator is on a level surface. The user manual clearly explains how to troubleshoot the issues. We recommend you go through the guidelines before starting the generator. For example, you will have to clean the spark plug if it is dirty. This generator comes with a warranty of 3 years.
DuroMax XP8500E-CA 8,500 Watt 16 HP OHV 4-Cycle Gas Powered Portable Generator With Wheel Kit And Electric Start Patio, Lawn & Garden
- POWERFUL DUROMAX ENGINE: The XP8500E is Powered by a 16HP OHV 420 cc Duromax Engine.
- GAS POWERED TECHNOLOGY: Run your generator with Gasoline for long lasting power.
- PLENTY OF POWER: With 8, 500 starting watts and 7, 000 running watts, this unit can handle heavy loads from lights and refrigerators to home conditioners and high amperage power tools.
- MAXIMUM POWER: With DuroMax MX2 technology, get the maximum power from each of the 120 volt receptacle. Choose between... Read More
- Easy installation
- Autothrottle controls the RPM of the engine
5. Westinghouse-WGen7500DF Dual Fuel Portable GeneratorThe WGen7500DF is considered a fantastic generator among all of them because of these features. It delivers massive power output at any time. This generator allows you to use two different types of fuel. It offers 9500 starting watts and 7500 running watts on gasoline, 8550 starting watts, and 6750 running watts on propane. So, it is ideal for both home usages and job sites. What is even more attractive is its dual configuration. It has a remote start function to start the generator when it detects a power failure automatically, and it is a CARB and EA complaint. The bigger size of its tank gives it a run time of 16 hours on gasoline and 11 hours on propane at 25% load. This can produce more noise.
Westinghouse Outdoor Power Equipment WGen7500DF Dual Fuel Portable Generator 7500 Rated & 9500 Peak Watts, Gas or Propane Powered, Electric Start, Transfer Switch Ready, CARB Compliant Everything Else
- 7500 Rated Watts & 9500 Peak Watts (Gasoline); 6750 Rated Watts & 8550 Peak Watts (Propane); 6.6 Gallon Fuel Tank With Fuel Gauge; Electric Push-Button Start With Remote Key Fob
- Intuitive Control Panel Features Two GFCI 5–20R 120V Household Duplex Outlets and One L14-30R 120/240V 30A Twist-Lock Outlet; Outlets Have Rubber Covers for Added Safety
- Plug-and-Play: Comes With a Remote Start Key Fob, 12V Battery Charger, Oil, an Oil Funnel, a Tool Kit, and a User&rsq... Read More
- Impressive power output and running time
- Remote start function
- Dual-fuel configuration
- Straightforward LED panel
- Quite loud and heavier
- CARB and EPF complaint
6. Westinghouse iGen4500DF Dual Fuel Inverter GeneratorWestinghouse iGen4500 is a reputable inverter generator. It generates 4500 starting wattage and 3700 running wattage. It is capable of running a couple of your home appliances during a power outage. Its model’s notable features are a rotational digital display, automatic choke, remote starter, and more extended run capability. It runs on gasoline for around 18 hours at 25% load. The weight is 98 Lbs, and the fuel tank capacity is 3.4 gallons. Also, it produces a low noise level of 52 dB.
Westinghouse iGen4500 Super Quiet Portable Inverter Generator 3700 Rated & 4500 Peak Watts, Gas Powered, Electric Start, RV Ready, CARB Compliant Patio, Lawn & Garden
- 3700 Rated Watts and 4500 Peak Watts at Less Than 3% THD – Telescoping Handle – Gas Powered – Remote Start With Included Key Fob, Electric and Recoil Start
- Features a 5–20R 120V Duplex Household Outlet, an RV-Ready Tt-30R 30 Amp Outlet and Two USB Outlets – Great Choice for Travel Trailers or Home Use – Strong Enough to Run All Your Essentials
- Led Data Center: Rotating Digital Display Shows Fuel Level, Power Output, Remaining Run Time, Vol... Read More
- Remote starter
- Automatic choke available
- It comes with a LED display to indicate the performance of the generator
- Easy to start and use
- Lack of parallel capable
- Excludes 12v outlet