Best dual fuel generators
In case of a power outage, the first thing everyone looks for is a generator. Every household now needs a generator for using appliances off the grid during blackouts. And dual fuel generators are a great way to light up your beautiful home. If your home is equipped with tons of electronic devices that need power during outages, you need an excellent generator to back it up. And these dual fuel generators are a great start.
Since a generator is a complicated product, a lot of research should be done before buying one. We know that choosing the right one for your home can be a bit of a challenge if there is no proper guidance. This article is for you people to get an overall idea about the best dual fuel generator. We have gone through many dual-fuel generators, and we have pinned down to these generators listed below.
Best dual fuel generators:
- DUROMAX XP12000EH dual fuel portable generator
- Westinghouse-WGen3600DF Dual Fuel Generator
- Westinghouse-WGen7500DF Dual Fuel Portable Generator
- Westinghouse-WGen9500 dual fuel Portable Generator
- Westinghouse iGen4500DF Dual Fuel Inverter Generator
1. DUROMAX XP12000EH dual fuel portable generator
The Duromax XP12000EH is an excellent generator suitable for emergencies. This is a dual-fuel generator with a running power of 9500 watts and a surge power of 12000 watts. The 3.96-gallon fuel capacity has a runtime of 9 hours at a rated 50% load. The engine of this generator is 457cc, which delivers high power to charge multiple appliances. The RPM (Rotations per minute) can be lowered by the idle control, which helps in less fuel consumption and reduced noise level. The automatic low oil shutoff system detects the low oil level and seizes the engine. The power panel consists of 5 outlets, a voltmeter, and multiple ports for charging batteries. The generator accessories include an oil funnel, Spark Plug Wrench, DC charging cables, and a toolset.
A user manual helps you to get familiar with the generator. This manual gives a brief description of the working operation of the generator. It also includes basic troubleshooting techniques and a few maintenance tips. If a trickle charger (low-amp chargers) is not used, you have to start the generator once every three months. Unfortunately, natural gas cannot be used as fuel.
Moreover, it can damage your generator. A recharge indicator light shows the charge of the battery. If the battery is dead, you can charge it by running the generator or using a trickle charger. You will have to fit the wheels and handles of the generator yourself. You can extend the runtime if you use synthetic oil.
DuroMax XP12000EH Generator-12000 Watt Gas or Propane Powered Home Back Up & RV Ready, 50 State Approved Dual Fuel Electric Start Portable Generator, Black and Blue Patio, Lawn & Garden
- Powerful DuroMax Engine: the XP12000EH is powered by a DuroMax, 457cc OHV engine.
- Dual fuel technology: the ability to run on propane or gasoline allows the freedom and flexibility of fuel choice.
- Plenty of power: with 12,000 starting watts and 9, 500 running watts, This unit can handle heavy loads from lights and a refrigerator to a home air conditioner and high amperage power tools.
- Maximum power: with DuroMax MX2 technology, get the maximum power from each of the... Read More
Why we chose Duromax XP12000EH dual fuel generator:
- Dual-fuel technology.
- Delivers high power
Things to note:
- It is louder than other generators.
Westinghouse-WGen3600DF Dual Fuel Generator
The Westinghouse WGen3600DF generates 4650 peak watts and 3600 rated watts on gasoline, and 4180 peak watts and 3240 running watts on propane. A 212cc 4-stroke engine powers it. It has a 4-gallon fuel capacity tank that helps to enjoy power output for a longer time. So, it runs 18 hours on gasoline and 20 hours on propane at 25% load.
It comes with four power outlets, a remote starter, and a push-button. It has a low oil shutoff automatically, automatically turning off the engine when it detects low oil in the generator. You can get a 3-year warranty for this model.
Westinghouse Outdoor Power Equipment WGen3600DF Dual Fuel (Gas and Propane) Electric Start Portable Generator 3600 Rated 4650 Peak Watts, RV Ready, CARB Compliant Everything Else
- 3600 Rated Watts & 4650 Peak Watts (Gasoline); 3240 Rated Watts & 4650 Peak Watts (Propane); 4 Gallon Fuel Tank (with Fuel Gauge); Electric Push Button and Remote Start
- Intuitive Control Panel Features a 5-20R 120V Duplex Outlet, an RV-Ready TT-30R 30 Amp Outlet, and an L5-30R 30 Amp Outlet
- 212cc Westinghouse 4-Stroke OHV Engine; Long Lasting Cast Iron Engine Sleeve; Automatic Low Oil Shutdown
- Plug-and-Play! Comes With a Propane Regulator Hose, Handle, Heat... Read More
Why we chose Westinghouse-Wgen3600DF:
- It is heavier but portable
- Dual fuel
- RV ready
- Electric push-button and remote start
- EPA and CARB compliant
- Starts easily
Things to note:
- This generator is comparatively noisy.
Westinghouse-WGen7500DF Dual Fuel Portable Generator
The WGen7500DF is considered a fantastic generator among all of them because of these features. It delivers massive power output at any time. This generator allows you to use two different types of fuel. It delivers 9500 starting watts and 7500 running watts on gasoline, 8550 starting watts, and 6750 running watts on propane.
So, it is ideal for both home usages and job sites. What is even more attractive aspect is its dual configuration. Also, it has a remote start function to start the generator automatically when it detects a power failure and it is CARB and EA complaint. The bigger size of its tank gives it a run time of 16 hours on gasoline and 11 hours on propane at 25% load. This can be noisy!
Westinghouse Outdoor Power Equipment WGen7500DF Dual Fuel Portable Generator 7500 Rated & 9500 Peak Watts, Gas or Propane Powered, Electric Start, Transfer Switch Ready, CARB Compliant Everything Else
- 7500 Rated Watts & 9500 Peak Watts (Gasoline); 6750 Rated Watts & 8550 Peak Watts (Propane); 6.6 Gallon Fuel Tank With Fuel Gauge; Electric Push-Button Start With Remote Key Fob
- Intuitive Control Panel Features Two GFCI 5–20R 120V Household Duplex Outlets and One L14-30R 120/240V 30A Twist-Lock Outlet; Outlets Have Rubber Covers for Added Safety
- Plug-and-Play: Comes With a Remote Start Key Fob, 12V Battery Charger, Oil, an Oil Funnel, a Tool Kit, and a User&rsq... Read More
Why we chose WGen 7500 DF:
- Impressive power output and running time
- Remote start function
- Dual-fuel configuration
- Straightforward LED panel
Things to note:
- Quite loud and heavier
- CARB and EPF complaint
Westinghouse-WGen9500 dual fuel Portable Generator
Westinghouse WGen9500 is one of the most powerful portable generators. It generates 12500 starting wattage and 9500 running wattage. This transfer switch and RV are ready, making the generator a higher power output model than others. It has two 5 USB ports with its standard outlets. So, you can enjoy power during a power outage without any problem.
Other great features include a remote starter, digital hour meter, CARB, and EPF complaints.
It is heavier, but the wheels and folded hands will help for easy transportation. The Westinghouse WGen9500 Portable Generator runs on gasoline for around 17.5 hrs at a 25% load. It has enough 6.6 gallons of fuel capacity but produces vast noise when it runs with overload.
Westinghouse Outdoor Power Equipment WGen9500DF Dual Fuel Portable Generator-9500 Rated 12500 Peak Watts Gas or Propane Powered-Electric Start-Transfer Switch & RV Ready, CARB Compliant, Blue Everything Else
- 9500 Running Watts and 12500 Peak Watts (Gasoline); 8500 Running Watts, 11200 Peak Watts (Propane); Remote Start With Included Key Fob, Electric and Recoil Start; Up to 12 Hours of Run Time on a 6. 6 Gallon Fuel Tank With Fuel Gauge
- Features Two GFCI 120V 5–20R Standard Household Receptacle, One Transfer Switch Ready 120V L14-30R, and One RV Ready 120/240V 14–50R; All Outlets Have Rubber Covers for Added Safety
- Powered by a Heavy Duty 457cc Westinghouse 4-Stroke ... Read More
Why we chose Westinghouse-WGen9500:
- Push-button, remote starter
- It is designed with LED digital hour meter
- Impressive power output
- Relatively affordable
- Easy to use
Things to note:
- This generator is louder.
- Although this generator is slightly heavy, it is portable.
Westinghouse iGen4500DF Dual Fuel Inverter Generator
Westinghouse iGen4500 is a reputable inverter generator. It generates 4500 starting wattage and 3700 running wattage. It is capable of running a couple of your home appliances during a power outage. Its model's notable features are a rotational digital display, automatic choke, remote starter, and more extended run capability.
It runs on gasoline for around 18 hours at 25% load. The weight is 98 Lbs, and the fuel tank capacity is 3.4 gallons. Also, it produces a low noise level of 52 dB.
Westinghouse iGen4500 Super Quiet Portable Inverter Generator 3700 Rated & 4500 Peak Watts, Gas Powered, Electric Start, RV Ready, CARB Compliant Patio, Lawn & Garden
- 3700 Rated Watts and 4500 Peak Watts at Less Than 3% THD – Telescoping Handle – Gas Powered – Remote Start With Included Key Fob, Electric and Recoil Start
- Features a 5–20R 120V Duplex Household Outlet, an RV-Ready Tt-30R 30 Amp Outlet and Two USB Outlets – Great Choice for Travel Trailers or Home Use – Strong Enough to Run All Your Essentials
- Led Data Center: Rotating Digital Display Shows Fuel Level, Power Output, Remaining Run Time, Vol... Read More
Why we chose Westinghouse iGen4500DF:
- Remote starter
- Automatic choke available
- It comes with a LED display to indicate the performance of the generator
- Easy to start and use
Things to note:
- Lack of parallel capable
- Excludes 12v outlet
When it comes to dual fuel generator which uses both gas and propane, they have shared pros and cons. While propane is less expensive than gas, it is hard to get your hands on them while gas is readily available. If you are in an environment where there are temperature fluctuations, you can buy these dual fuel generators. Because gas burns better than propane during cold weather whereas propane is a great choice of the source during summer seasons.